- This event has passed.
Tracked 360 Excavator training – short duration course (March 2023) CPCS
March 20 - March 24
A 5 day CPCS tracked 360 excavator course with lifting ops (A59A &C).
Spaces are limited to 4 delegates, maximum of 2 learners per machine.
Prior 360 operating experience is essential for this short-duration course.
The aim of this shortened course is to develop on existing skills prior to completing the CPCS A59 technical test.This qualification covers 360 excavators with lifting ops.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the 360 excavator will be able to accomplish the following.
360 Excavator training course content
Roles and responsibilities
• Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work
• Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
• Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s manual, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
• Undertake all pre-use checks
Travelling and manoeuvring your 360 excavator
• Configure and set for travel (site and highway – where applicable)
• Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces
• Manoeuvre in confined spaces
Setting up for work with the 360 excavator
• Configure and set for excavating duties
• Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
Working tasks on the 360 excavator
• Excavate differing types of excavations in various types of ground
• Place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers
• Grade, spread and level ground and materials
• Attach and remove buckets
• Lift, move and place a variety of slung loads (Endorsement C)
• Travel with slung loads (Endorsement C)
• Carry out shut down and securing procedures
• Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
For your reference you can download the relevant questions for the theory test.
ACOP offer the full range of CPCS-accredited courses. This listing is an example of what we have forthcoming. However, please contact us will any individual requirements, or to ask for any cancellations and last minute offers.
We are based near Cross Hands, Llanelli, south Wales. We are within a reasonable driving distance of the following areas: Aberystwyth, Birmingham, Bristol, Caldicot, Cardiff, Cardigan, Carmarthen, Hereford, Milford Haven, Newport, Newtown, Pembroke, south west England, Swansea, Swindon, Welshpool.