Ride on roller training (June 2023) CPCS
June 21 - June 23
A three day CPCS ride on roller training course (A31). Maximum of 3 learners.
This is a course designed for novice operators.
Discount available if course is in combination with a forward tipping dumper over 5 days.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with practical and theoretical knowledge to help undertake the role of a roller operator. This qualification covers ride-on rollers.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the Ride on Roller will be able to accomplish the following.
Ride on roller training course content
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work with the ride on roller
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use and running checks
Travelling and manoeuvring your ride on roller
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
Setting up for work
- Configure and set for compacting duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
Working tasks on the ride on roller
- Compact loose granular materials to specification
- Compact in straight lines and around radii
- Compact supported and unsupported edges
- Explain the principles, requirements and techniques of good compaction
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
For your reference you can download the relevant questions for the theory test.
ACOP offer the full range of CPCS-accredited courses. This listing is an example of what we have forthcoming. However, please contact us will any individual requirements, or to ask for any cancellations and last minute offers.
We are based near Cross Hands, Llanelli, south Wales. We are within a reasonable driving distance of the following areas: Aberystwyth, Birmingham, Bristol, Caldicot, Cardiff, Cardigan, Carmarthen, Hereford, Milford Haven, Newport, Newtown, Pembroke, south west England, Swansea, Swindon, Welshpool.