A 5 day CPCS mobile crane training (all duties) course (A60). Delivered one to one with instructor.
This course is designed for semi/ experienced operators.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with practical and theoretical knowledge to help undertake the role of a mobile crane operator. This qualification covers mobile cranes.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the mobile crane will be able to accomplish the following:
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work with the mobile crane
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Explain all relevant documentation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
Travelling and manoeuvring your mobile crane
- Configure and set for travel (site and highway)
- Travel the crane to an area of work
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
Setting up for work
- Configure the crane for lifting duties
- Deploy outriggers to specification (where applicable)
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services
Working tasks on the mobile crane
- Programme / set-up Rated Capacity Indicators for lifting duties
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of a crane
- Accurately place loads
- Change falls of rope on a hook block
- Minimise the swinging of loads
- Move loads through machine travel (where applicable)
- Maintain safe working situations
- Comply with signals and instructions
- Explain rigging and de-rigging procedures when fitting fly jibs or boom extensions
- Dismantle the crane in preparation of movement
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
For your reference you can download the relevant questions for the theory test.
Your level of experience
Whatever your level of experience, contact us to discuss your training needs.
To make sure you're on the right course we'll ask you a few questions as a short learner profiling exercise.
Are you an experienced operator? You may want to proceed directly to test, or discuss pre-test familiarisation training.
We are also happy to discuss how you can progress from your red card to a blue card, or any NVQ requirements you may have.
Get in touch with ACOP Group to plan your next steps. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01269 844155.
ACOP Group offer the full range of CPCS and NPORS-accredited courses. Our listings give an example of what we have forthcoming. However, please contact us with any individual requirements, or to ask for any cancellations and last minute offers.
We are based near Cross Hands, Llanelli, south Wales. We are within a reasonable driving distance of the following areas: Aberystwyth, Birmingham, Bristol, Caldicot, Cardiff, Cardigan, Carmarthen, Hereford, Milford Haven, Newport, Newtown, Pembroke, south west England, Swansea, Swindon, Welshpool.