Crawler – Tractor /Dozer training (July 2023) CPCS
July 10 - July 19
We are running an 8-day CPCS course for a dozer.
This is a course designed for novice operators. Maximum of 2 learners per course.
The course runs across 8 consecutive days with a CPCS technical test on the final (8th) day.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with practical and theoretical knowledge to help undertake the dozer operator. This qualification covers crawler – tractor/dozers.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the dozer will be able to accomplish the following.
Crawler- tractor/ dozer training course content
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
Travelling and manoeuvring
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
Setting up for work
- Configure and set for excavating duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Excavate differing types of excavations in various types of ground
- Construct ramps and form and shape stockpiles
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
For your reference you can download the relevant questions for the theory test.
ACOP offer the full range of CPCS-accredited courses. This listing is an example of what we have forthcoming. However, please contact us will any individual requirements, or to ask for any cancellations and last minute offers.
We are based near Cross Hands, Llanelli, south Wales. We are within a reasonable driving distance of the following areas: Aberystwyth, Birmingham, Bristol, Caldicot, Cardiff, Cardigan, Carmarthen, Hereford, Milford Haven, Newport, Newtown, Pembroke, south west England, Swansea, Swindon, Welshpool.