The aim of this qualification is to recognise the knowledge, skills and competence demonstrated by an individual in the workplace.
This Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations – Planning Lifts provides the opportunity for individuals who specialise in planning the preparation of site and work activities and planning the lifting activities using cranes and/or lifting equipment to demonstrate their competence.
Here is a list of the units required to achieve this qualification.
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Evaluating and Selecting Work Methods to Meet Project or Operational Requirements in the Workplace
- Identifying, Allocating and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- Planning and Establishing Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Systems for Lifting Operations in the Workplace
- Planning Lifting Activities Using Cranes and/or Lifting Equipment in the Workplace
- Planning the Preparation of the Site for the Project or Operation in the Workplace
- Planning Work Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace
For further information please visit this qualification on SQA.