The aim of this qualification is to recognise the knowledge, skills and competence demonstrated by an individual in the workplace.
This Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management – Building and Civil Engineering provides the opportunity for individuals who specialise in building and civil engineering to demonstrate their competence.
The units in this qualification are derived from National Occupational Standards.
Here is a list of the mandatory units required to achieve this qualification;
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
- Identifying and Enabling Learning Opportunities for Given Work Teams in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Identification of Work Teams in the Workplace
- Establishing, Implementing and Maintaining Systems for Managing Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Establishing, Controlling and Monitoring Environmental Factors and Sustainability in the Workplace
- Evaluating and Selecting Work Methods to Meet Project or Operational Requirements in the Workplace
- Planning the Preparation of the Site for the Project or Operation in the Workplace
- Monitoring Construction Related Project Activities in the Workplace
- Ensuring that Work Activities and Resources Meet Project Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Identifying, Allocating and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- Organising, Controlling and Monitoring Supplies of Materials in the Workplace
- Establishing and Monitoring Communication Systems and Organisational Procedures in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Progress against Agreed Quality Standards in the Workplace
- Establishing Project Dimensional Control Criteria in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Progress against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
- Evaluating Feedback Information and Recommending Improvements in the Workplace
- Managing Personal Development in a Construction-related Workplace
For further information please visit this qualification on SQA.