Articulated Dump Truck ADT training (May 2023) CPCS
May 2 - May 5
We are running a 4 day rear tipping articulated dumptruck (ADT) course for novice operators.
This course leads to a CPCS qualification for the rear tipping articulated dump trucks (all sizes) A56B.
Spaces limited to a maximum of 2 delegates per course.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with practical and theoretical knowledge to help undertake the role of an ADT operator. This qualification covers rear tipping articulated dump trucks.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the ADT will be able to accomplish the following.
ADT training course content:
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
Travelling and manoeuvring
- Configure and set for travel (site and highway)
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces whilst carrying loads
Setting up for work with an ADT
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Position to receive loads
- Comply with loading procedures
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Transfer loads to different locations
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas
Shutting down your ADT
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
For your reference you can download the relevant questions for the theory test.
ACOP offer the full range of CPCS-accredited courses. This listing is an example of what we have forthcoming. However, please contact us will any individual requirements, or to ask for any cancellations and last minute offers.
We are based near Cross Hands, Llanelli, south Wales. We are within a reasonable driving distance of the following areas: Aberystwyth, Birmingham, Bristol, Caldicot, Cardiff, Cardigan, Carmarthen, Hereford, Milford Haven, Newport, Newtown, Pembroke, south west England, Swansea, Swindon, Welshpool.