A four day CPCS agricultural tractor (A33). Maximum of 2 learners.
This is a course designed for novice operators.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with practical and theoretical knowledge to help undertake the role of a tractor operator. This qualification covers agricultural tractors.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the tractor will be able to accomplish the following:
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the tractor will be able to:
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
Travelling and manoeuvring
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway)
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces with mounted and trailed implements
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces whilst carrying loads with mounted and trailed implements
Setting up for work
- Attach and set trailed implements ready for work.
- Attach and set mounted implements ready for work.
- Attach and set power take-off drives ready for work.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Operate a mounted or power driven implement
- Remove and store trailed and mounted implements
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
For your reference you can download the relevant questions for the theory test.
Your level of experience
Whatever your level of experience, contact us to discuss your training needs.
To make sure you're on the right course we'll ask you a few questions as a short learner profiling exercise.
Are you an experienced operator? You may want to proceed directly to test, or discuss pre-test familiarisation training.
We are also happy to discuss how you can progress from your red card to a blue card, or any NVQ requirements you may have.
Get in touch with ACOP Group to plan your next steps. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01269 844155.
ACOP Group offer the full range of CPCS and NPORS-accredited courses. Our listings give an example of what we have forthcoming. However, please contact us with any individual requirements, or to ask for any cancellations and last minute offers.
We are based near Cross Hands, Llanelli, south Wales. We are within a reasonable driving distance of the following areas: Aberystwyth, Birmingham, Bristol, Caldicot, Cardiff, Cardigan, Carmarthen, Hereford, Milford Haven, Newport, Newtown, Pembroke, south west England, Swansea, Swindon, Welshpool.