The aim of this qualification is to recognise the knowledge, skills and competence demonstrated by an individual in the workplace.
This Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision – Building and Civil Engineering provides the opportunity for individuals who specialise in building and civil engineering to demonstrate their competence.
The units in this qualification are derived from National Occupational Standards.
Here is a list of the mandatory units required to achieve this qualification.
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the Workplace
- Planning Work Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Coordinating and Organising the Control of Work in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- Maintaining Supplies of Materials to Meet Project Requirements in the Workplace
- Implementing Communication Systems for Construction Projects in the Workplace
- Maintaining the Dimensional Accuracy of the Work in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Against Agreed Standards in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Control of Work Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating Preparation Work for Site or Lifting Operations in the Workplace
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
For further information please visit this qualification on SQA.