A 6 day CPCS telescopic handler course.
Spaces are limited to 3 delegates per course.
This course covers the basics in telehandler operation and maintenance, with a CPCS technical test (A17C) on the final day.
There is an option to add additional days to include training on the 360 tele handler (A17D).
Please get in touch for further information.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the telescopic handler will
be able to:
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Explain the need and function of appropriate documentation
Travelling and manoeuvring
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway)
- Travel over level surfaces with and without loads and, where applicable, on rough, undulating ground and inclines. (excluding suspended loads)
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces with and without loads (including suspended loads for endorsement E)
- Follow given signals and instructions when travelling and manoeuvring with and without loads (including suspended loads for endorsement E)
Setting up for work
- Configure and set for all lifting, loading and transferring duties
- Attach and remove attachments, including forks, for the movement of units loads
- Attach and remove attachments and accessories for the movement of suspended loads
- Explain actions required for proximity hazards Inc. underground and overhead services
- Follow given signals and instructions during work activities
Working tasks (Fork use)
- Lift and remove various loads up to full extension and working height of the tele-handler
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle
- Maintain safe working situations
ACOP offer the full range of CPCS-accredited courses. This listing is an example of what we have forthcoming.
However, please contact us will any individual requirements, or to ask for any cancellations and last minute offers.