- This event has passed.
Suspended loads (telescopic handler) training (February 2018)
February 15 - February 16
We are running a series of one day courses for experienced telehandler operators who would like to to upgrade their current* CPCS telehandler ticket to include the new A17E (underslung load) endorsement.
Spaces are limited to 4 delegates per 2 day course.
The aim of this course is to provide existing telescopic handler operators with the additional practical and theoretical knowledge required to assist them when travelling with suspended loads from a hook attachment (pick and carry).
Endorsement E: Suspended Loads (non-rough terrain) – the carrying of loads suspended from a variety of lifting accessories or suitable attachment, on level and even surfaces
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Safe systems of work, lift plans, method statements and risk assessments
- Regulations and codes of practice
- Personal responsibilities
- Pre start and running checks
- Quick-hitch systems and changing attachments
- Machine stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Machine setup/ configuration
- Travelling with suspended loads
- Methods of communication
- Slinging techniques
ACOP offer the full range of CPCS-accredited courses. This listing is an example of what we have forthcoming.
However, please contact us will any individual requirements, or to ask for any cancellations and last minute offers.