Given the latest government announcement we will be postponing all training courses and NVQ visits scheduled for the coming weeks owing to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- This event has passed.
Rough Terrain Masted Forklift (March 2020)
March 16 - March 21
A 5 day CPCS rough terrain masted forklift course.
Spaces are limited to 3 delegates.
This course covers the basics in rough terrain forklift operation and maintenance, with a CPCS technical test (A14) on the final day.
Please get in touch for further information.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the telescopic handler will
be able to:
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Explain the need and function of appropriate documentation
Travelling and manoeuvring
- Configure and ready for travel
- Travel over level surfaces with and without loads and, where applicable, on rough, undulating ground and inclines.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces with and without loads
Setting up for work
- Configure and set for all lifting, loading and transferring duties
- Explain actions required for proximity hazards Inc. underground and overhead services
- Follow given signals and instructions during work activities
Working tasks (Fork use)
- Lift and remove various loads up to the full working height of the forklift
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle
- Maintain safe working situations
Maintain safe and tidy working areas
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting