- This event has passed.
Ride on roller training (January 2020)
January 29 - January 31
A three day course for a CPCS ride on roller (A31).
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with practical and theoretical knowledge to help undertake the role of a roller operator. This qualification covers ride-on rollers
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the Ride on Roller will be able to:
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use and running checks
Travelling and manoeuvring
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
Setting up for work
- Configure and set for compacting duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Compact loose granular materials to specification
- Compact in straight lines and around radii
- Compact supported and unsupported edges
- Explain the principles, requirements and techniques of good compaction
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
ACOP offer the full range of CPCS-accredited courses. This listing is an example of what we have forthcoming.
However, please contact us will any individual requirements, or to ask for any cancellations and last minute offers.