- This event has passed.
Mobile crane training (August 2022) CPCS
August 8 - August 19
A 10 day CPCS mobile crane training (all duties) course (A60). Maximum of 2 delegates
This course is designed for novice operators
There is also an option to add the CPCS slinger/ signaller course as a bolt on.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with practical and theoretical knowledge to help undertake the role of a mobile crane operator. This qualification covers mobile cranes.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the mobile crane will be able to accomplish the following:
Mobile crane training course content
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work with the mobile crane
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Explain all relevant documentation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
Travelling and manoeuvring your mobile crane
- Configure and set for travel (site and highway)
- Travel the crane to an area of work
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
Setting up for work
- Configure the crane for lifting duties
- Deploy outriggers to specification (where applicable)
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services
Working tasks on the mobile crane
- Programme / set-up Rated Capacity Indicators for lifting duties
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of a crane
- Accurately place loads
- Change falls of rope on a hook block
- Minimise the swinging of loads
- Move loads through machine travel (where applicable)
- Maintain safe working situations
- Comply with signals and instructions
- Explain rigging and de-rigging procedures when fitting fly jibs or boom extensions
- Dismantle the crane in preparation of movement
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
For your reference you can download the relevant questions for the theory test.
ACOP offer the full range of CPCS-accredited courses. This listing is an example of what we have forthcoming. However, please contact us will any individual requirements, or to ask for any cancellations and last minute offers.
We are based near Cross Hands, Llanelli, south Wales. We are within a reasonable driving distance of the following areas: Aberystwyth, Birmingham, Bristol, Caldicot, Cardiff, Cardigan, Carmarthen, Hereford, Milford Haven, Newport, Newtown, Pembroke, south west England, Swansea, Swindon, Welshpool.