Mobile crane training (April 2021)
April 12 - April 23
We are running a mobile crane course.
This course is set over 10 days (weekdays, Monday to Friday).
Spaces are limited to 2 delegates per course.
There is an option to add the slinger/ signaller course as a bolt on, at a reduced rate.
Please get in touch for further information.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the mobile crane will be able to:
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Explain all relevant documentation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
Travelling and manoeuvring
- Configure and set for travel (site and highway)
- Travel the crane to an area of work
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
Setting up for work
- Configure the crane for lifting duties
- Deploy outriggers to specification (where applicable)
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Programme / set-up Rated Capacity Indicators for lifting duties
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of a crane
- Accurately place loads
- Change falls of rope on a hook block
- Minimise the swinging of loads
- Move loads through machine travel (where applicable)
- Maintain safe working situations
- Comply with signals and instructions
- Explain rigging and de-rigging procedures when fitting fly jibs or boom extensions
- Dismantle the crane in preparation of movement
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
ACOP offer the full range of CPCS-accredited courses. This listing is an example of what we have forthcoming. However, please contact us will any individual requirements, or to ask for any cancellations and last minute offers.