Given the latest government announcement we will be postponing all training courses and NVQ visits scheduled for the coming weeks owing to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- This event has passed.
Loading Shovel Training (March 2020)
March 9 - March 13
We are running a 5 day CPCS loading shovel course (A21).
Spaces are limited to a maximum of 3 learners.
This course covers the basics in shovel operation and maintenance, with a CPCS technical test on the final day.
Please get in touch for more information.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the wheeled loading shovel will be able to:
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
Travelling and manoeuvring
- Configure and set for site and highway travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces; laden and unladen
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
Setting up for work
- Configure and set for extraction and loading duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Extract differing types of materials from stockpiles and other sources
- Form stockpiles of segregated materials and construct (temporary) ramps
- Sort and place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers
- Spread and level ground and materials
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting