- This event has passed.
Loading Shovel Training (January 2023) CPCS
January 16 - January 20
We are running a 5 day CPCS loading shovel course (A21). Maximum of 2 learners.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with practical and theoretical knowledge to help undertake the role of a loading shovel operator.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the wheeled loading shovel will be able to:
Loading shovel training course content
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
Travelling and manoeuvring the loading shovel
- Configure and set for site and highway travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces; laden and unladen
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
Setting up for work
- Configure and set for extraction and loading duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
Working tasks on the loading shovel
- Extract differing types of materials from stockpiles and other sources
- Form stockpiles of segregated materials and construct (temporary) ramps
- Sort and place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers
- Spread and level ground and materials
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
For your reference you can download the relevant questions for the theory test.
ACOP offer the full range of CPCS-accredited courses. This listing is an example of what we have forthcoming. However, please contact us will any individual requirements, or to ask for any cancellations and last minute offers.
We are based near Cross Hands, Llanelli, south Wales. We are within a reasonable driving distance of the following areas: Aberystwyth, Birmingham, Bristol, Caldicot, Cardiff, Cardigan, Carmarthen, Hereford, Milford Haven, Newport, Newtown, Pembroke, south west England, Swansea, Swindon, Welshpool.