Given the latest government announcement we will be postponing all training courses and NVQ visits scheduled for the coming weeks owing to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- This event has passed.
Forward tipping dumper training (August 2019)
19 August, 2019 - 21 August, 2019
A three day CPCS course on the forward tipping dumper (A09A).
This is a course designed for novice operators.
Please get in touch for more information.
Discount available if course is in combination with a ride on roller.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the forward tipping dumper will be able to:
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
Travelling and manoeuvring
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway)
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces whilst carrying loads
Setting up for work
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Position to receive loads
- Comply with loading procedures
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Transfer loads to different locations
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting