Crawler Tractor /Dozer training semi-experienced (February 2020)
February 24 - February 28
We are running an 5-day CPCS course for a dozer.
This course is suitable for improvers/ semi- experienced operators and covers the basics in dozer operation and maintenance, with a CPCS technical test on the final day.
Spaces are limited to 2 delegates per course.
Please get in touch for more information.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the crawler dozer will be able to:
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
Travelling and manoeuvring
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
Setting up for work
- Configure and set for excavating duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Excavate differing types of excavations in various types of ground
- Construct ramps and form and shape stockpiles
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
ACOP offer the full range of CPCS-accredited courses. This listing is an example of what we have forthcoming.
However, please contact us will any individual requirements, or to ask for any cancellations and last minute offers.