- This event has passed.
Crawler crane training (July 2020)
June 29 - July 3
We are running a crawler crane course for experienced plant operators!
This course is set over 5 days (mon – fri).
Spaces are limited to 2 delegates.
Please get in touch for further information.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, you will be able to:
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
Travelling and manoeuvring
- Configure and ready for travel
- Travel the crane to an area of work
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
Setting up for work
- Configure the crane for lifting duties
- Explain rigging and de-rigging procedures when fitting a lattice-type extension
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Programme / set-up Rated Capacity Indicators (RCI) for lifting duties
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of a crane
- Accurately place loads
- Change falls of rope on a hook block
- Minimise the swinging of loads
- Move loads through machine travel
- Comply with signals and instructions
- Maintain safe working situations
- Prepare the crane in preparation of movement from lifting duties
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
ACOP offer the full range of CPCS-accredited courses. This listing is an example of what we have forthcoming. However, please contact us will any individual requirements, or to ask for any cancellations and last minute offers.