- This event has passed.
Crane supervisor training (September 2021)
September 13 - September 16
We are running a 4 day CPCS (A62) crane supervisor course. This course is aimed at those with previous experience in lifting operations.
Spaces are limited to a maximum of 3 learners.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with practical and theoretical knowledge to help undertake the role of a Crane/Lift Supervisor
The Crane/Lifting Operations Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that a lifting operation is properly supervised and carried out in a safe manner in accordance with a method statement/ lift plan. A full description of the duties and responsibilities of a Crane/Lifting Operations Supervisor can be found in the Approved Code of Practice for the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (L117) and BS 7121 Part 1: 2006.
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Regulations and codes of practice
- Safe systems of work, lift plans, method statements and risk assessments
- Personal responsibilities
- Cranes: types and terminology
- Lifting documentation
- Crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Crane appreciation and suitability
- Controlling lifting operations
- Roles and responsibilities
- Methods of communication
ACOP offer the full range of CPCS-accredited courses. This listing is an example of what we have forthcoming. However, please contact us will any individual requirements, or to ask for any cancellations and last minute offers.