Given the latest government announcement we will be postponing all training courses and NVQ visits scheduled for the coming weeks owing to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- This event has passed.
Crane supervisor training (July 2019)
23 July, 2019 - 26 July, 2019
We are running a 4 day CPCS (A62) crane supervisor course. This course is aimed at those with previous experience in lifting operations.
Spaces are limited to a maximum of 4 learners.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with practical and theoretical knowledge to help undertake the role of a Crane/Lift Supervisor
The Crane/Lifting Operations Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that a lifting operation is properly supervised and carried out in a safe manner in accordance with a method statement/ lift plan. A full description of the duties and responsibilities of a Crane/Lifting Operations Supervisor can be found in the Approved Code of Practice for the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (L117) and BS 7121 Part 1: 2006.
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Regulations and codes of practice
- Safe systems of work, lift plans, method statements and risk assessments
- Personal responsibilities
- Cranes: types and terminology
- Lifting documentation
- Crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Crane appreciation and suitability
- Controlling lifting operations
- Roles and responsibilities
- Methods of communication