Given the latest government announcement we will be postponing all training courses and NVQ visits scheduled for the coming weeks owing to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- This event has passed.
Agricultural tractor training (January 2019)
14 January, 2019 - 17 January, 2019
We are running a 4 day CPCS course for an agricultural tractor.
This course is suitable for novice operators and covers the basics in tractor operation and maintenance, with a CPCS technical test on the final day.
Spaces are limited to 3 delegates per course.
Please get in touch for more information.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, you will be able to:
Roles and responsibilities
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
Travelling and manoeuvring
- Configure and ready for site and highway travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces with mounted and trailed implements
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces with trailed and mounted implements
Setting up for work
- Attach and set trailed implements ready for work
- Attach and set mounted implements ready for work
- Attach and set power take-off drives ready for work
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Operate a mounted or power-driven implement
- Remove and store trailed and mounted implements
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting