Given the latest government announcement we will be postponing all training courses and NVQ visits scheduled for the coming weeks owing to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- This event has passed.
360 Excavator training – full foundation course (January 2019)
28 January, 2019 - 8 February, 2019
We are running a CPCS tracked 360 excavator course (A59A).
The course runs across ten days, on weekdays.
This course is designed for new or novice operators and covers the basics in excavator operation and maintenance, with a CPCS technical test on the final day.
Spaces are limited to 4 delegates (2 per machine).
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the 360 excavator will be able to:
Roles and responsibilities
• Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
Preparing for work
• Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
• Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s manual, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
• Undertake all pre-use checks
Travelling and manoeuvring
• Configure and set for travel (site and highway – where applicable)
• Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces
• Manoeuvre in confined spaces
Setting up for work
• Configure and set for excavating duties
• Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
• Excavate differing types of excavations in various types of ground
• Place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers
• Grade, spread and level ground and materials
• Attach and remove buckets
• Lift, move and place a variety of slung loads (Endorsement C)
• Travel with slung loads (Endorsement C)
• Carry out shut down and securing procedures
• Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting